Sunday, August 24, 2008

What happened to all the knitting?

Well, there hasn't been much said about knitting on my blog lately but it isn't due to any less knitting around here. There was a bit of a dry spell around May and June while it was a super busy time for me but recently the knitting is back in full swing. Lots to share so let's get on with it shall we?



This is a cool little item that I fell in love with when I first saw the pattern online. It is from the Berroco Norah Gaughan Collection Volume 2. I was surprised how long this actually took me and how much yarn it used too. It was my first purse/tote and it was a bigger project then I had anticipated all around. Maybe it is mostly because I could never really fully take my eyes off the pattern while knitting this one. I would like to try it again and maybe do two different colors instead of knits and purls to form the pattern as is one of the other patterns in the book. Thanks a thousand times over to my stepmother Carolyn who used her wonderful sewing and quilting skills to line both the bag and it' strap for me as well as putting in a pocket and a magnetic closure. Without these additions I think the bag would have been really floppy and saggy, especially the strap seemed like it was going to stretch a lot as the bag got loaded with items.

The stats:
Pattern: Skuld
Source: Berroco Norah Gaughan Collection Volume 2
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish Superwash
Colorway: Squirrel Heather
Needles: size 3 and 6


No comments: