Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Hat, New Camera


Pattern: Inga
Source: Ewenique Fiber- The Blog
Yarn: Knitpicks Merino Style
Colorway: Storm and Nutmeg
Needles: size 3 and 5 circular needles

Two new things to be mentioned here on this post. First off is that these are the first shots taken with my brand new SLR! I am very pleased. This hat is also my first fair isle project so that is also very exciting. It was really fun. I am a tight knitter so this was a good lesson in loosening up a bit. The hat is really big which has been a problem for other knitters that have tried this one. I even already started the pattern a few rows in but I would have to do it even more for the hat to fit me or most people. Luckily I have a large headed brother in-law-in-law and his birthday is in a few weeks.

4 comments:

carolyn said...

the hat is beautiful but I don't know about that scruffy lookin' hippie under it!!

carolyn said...

the hat is beautiful but I don't know about that scruffy lookin' hippie under it!!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

I like it! I may have to try that motif on something!

MEATBALLS said...

NICE hat, and nice beard!